Some of you may remember back in 2009 when I offered several cooking classes exploring the basic techniques of French country cooking. I have always very much enjoyed giving classes; Unfortunately, I haven’t really had the opportunity during the last few years. It is a pleasure for me to pass on techniques that I have learned over the years and to have the chance to meet people who share my passion for France, and cooking and eating French food.
I am pleased to announce that I am making plans to begin offering classes again in 2013. And I am hoping to enlist your help in designing these classes. I would like to ask for your opinion on a number of factors regarding the organization and topics covered by classes, information which I will then use to shape classes’ times, lengths and curriculum.
If you would like to offer your input to the design of my classes, please cut and paste the Cooking Class Input Form below into an email, along with your opinions, and email them to me at email@example.com
Thanks so much for taking the time to help me with your input. I will post on this blog more info about upcoming classes when it is available.
COOKING CLASS INPUT FORM
1) In your opinion, what would be the ideal length for a class? 1 hour? 2 hours? 3 hours? Other?
2) What is the best day of the week for you to attend a class? Time? Evenings during the week? Sunday afternoons?
3) In the past, I have offered individual classes as well as series of classes (several classes on related topics, over the course of several weeks that are offered as a group). Which is more attractive to you?
4) Would you prefer hands-on classes or demonstration-style classes? In general,the more hands-on a class is, the smaller the number of dishes that can be prepared.
5) What are some topics you would like to see covered in a cooking class? Specific region (Basque; Normandie; Paris bistrot; other)? Charcuterie? Fish? Pastry? Slow cooked stews? Other?
6) Which of the following elements would you like to see included in a cooking class?
Tasting of items prepared
Full dinner included
7) What other elements would you like to see in a cooking class that have not been mentioned here?
8) Would you like to be included on an email list to receive information about class offerings in the future? If so, what is your email address?
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I look forward to your feedback and to seeing you at class in 2013.